I don't usually share recipes on here, but this one was good. Its main ingredients are two things we have a lot of here on the Goodwin Ranch (where we'll be staying for a couple of months): Beef and Zucchini.
1 lb. ground beef, lean
1 T. oil (I skipped the oil)
3 med. zucchini, thinly sliced
1/4 c. green onions, sliced with tops
2 t. salt
1/4 t. garlic powder (I used a bit more)
2 t. chili powder
1 can (7 oz) green chilies, chopped (Shawn's favorite)
3 c. cooked rice (brown is best)
1 c. sour cream
2 c. monterey jack cheese, grated (we used cheddar this time)
1 large fresh tomato, sliced (I used two)
salt and pepper to taste (we didn't need any extra)
Saute beef, zucchini and onions in lightly oiled skillet (a large one) until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring frequently. Add salt, garlic, chili powder, green chilies, rice, sour cream and 1 cup of cheese. Stir well. Turn into a buttered (olive oil is ok too) shallow 2 qt. casserole. Arrange tomato slices on top. Season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes. Makes 6-8 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Lydia and Paula
No comments:
Post a Comment