A few updates. We just finished passover break yesterday. Shawn had over two weeks off! A lot happened though: broken laptop, rented car, bought new laptop, traveled with car to Capernaum, Hazor, Megiddo, Akko, Mt. Gerizim for the Samaritan passover sacrifice, and Tel Arad to see another Israelite temple. Then after we took the car back, there was Easter, Si's birthday, and a trip to Bethlehem.
Shawn is gearing up for some presentations, papers and finals. I believe he has about 5 weeks left in this semester. Shawn will be taking the first summer session of Hebrew again this year so that has us leaving Jerusalem the last week of July. Coming soon! I'm starting to get rid of some things now because we will be housesitting our last few weeks here.
Please pray for us! Shawn has an extra long to do list (he has all year!) and we all have a lot of transition coming this summer. Also, we keep talking about where we are going to live this fall and we haven't made many plans. Applying for jobs, etc, but no good leads yet. For a while we were thinking seriously about moving to CA (and start to take classes and then apply at UCLA) but right now that doesn't look like the best option.
More photos to follow...at some point. :)
1 comment:
Woah, glad I read this post as it sounds like things are still a'changing. Praying for you and we'll catch up when I'm back next week. Keep your chin(s) up--brainstorming solves everything.
Post a Comment