Saturday, November 6, 2010

Things that go bump in the night

It's perfectly normal for me to get up in the middle of the night with Si. Last night around 3am was no exception. But while standing in the kitchen preparing a bottle, I felt sick and then dizzy and the next thing I knew, I was on the floor. "Shawn!" I yelled. "I need help!" Si didn't want to be forgotten either so she was yelling out her equivalent to "Hey you!" Poor Shawn. He ended up helping me get to the garbage can in time for a false alarm, and then fed Si while I waited weakly on the floor with the slow realization that my foot really hurt. Everyone went back to bed just fine except that I had trouble walking to the bedroom.

So now I need to find out if I broke anything. Looking forward to a great week. :p I'm sure the timing couldn't be better for Shawn!

UPDATE: I went to the 24 hour clinic and got an xray. No broken bones! Took it easy today and Shawn was a diligent nurse.

4 comments:

Liz E said...

Hey, can;t wait to see you soon! Sierra is gorgeous.

Niek and Teranne Arentsen said...

Oh my goodness! Are you sick? It's going around...I was home last week with a cold, but boy did it sock the energy right out of me! :) Nice to see your cute blog :)

Beth said...

I feel fine today. Probably tired and drained that night. Its been weird at night for last month really. Lots of wakings in the night, though sometimes its just her crying out in her sleep. I still wake up.

Brooke S. said...

I'm glad you are better!

Contributors